This contract was for the Demolition of 83 redundant structures that formed a purpose built hospital to receive and treat injured soldiers during World War 2. The site was, ironically, heavily contaminated with asbestos products and debris equating to removal and disposal of 1300 tonne approx of asbestos based products. The works were labour intensive due to the hazardous nature of the majority of each buildings external and internal fabric with 32 ground based personnel being supported by 6 demolition excavators.
In tandem with this removal we employed a specialist asbestos removal company to execute the safe removal and disposal of those products subject to licensed activity.
Where clean separation of inert materials could be achieved we employed the use of mobile crushing plant and support vehicles to produce a reusable aggregate.
The site was levelled and graded in preparation for the development of a new village.